Physicians Laser Safety Training - Multi-user — Online
As a physician, you have a special set of concerns regarding laser safety at your medical facility, especially in your surgical environment. At LIA, we have assessed these topics and designed an online course focusing on laser safety specifically for physicians.
At the same time, we understand that it is challenging to take time away from your patients for training. Now, you don’t need to travel to get advanced training from the world-leader in laser safety education. This LIA course is just a click away–in a 100% online format that is both convenient and flexible.
For the first time, LIA is offering discounts for medical facilities that purchase multiple “seats,” so the more employees you enroll, the more you save. Hospitals that have facilities in various locations can administer the same course to employees no matter where they work.
Why take this course?
- Learn the legalities of laser safety in a medical facility.
- Expand your knowledge of laser hazards and their effects.
- Gain applicable knowledge you can utilize today to protect your patients and staff from the dangers of lasers in medical facilities.
- Save time and travel expense with an online program that is tailored to fit the busy schedules of working professionals in the medical and healthcare fields.
Course Overview—Improve the Safety of Your Patients and Medical Team
In the Laser Safety for Physicians course, you will gain valuable knowledge and understanding of the basics of laser safety in a surgical environment, legal requirements, who regulates lasers, safe operating use, and safety controls. In less than two hours–accessed entirely online from your home or office–you will be better prepared to offer a safer medical office for your patients and employees. You have 30 days to complete the course after activating it.
You will learn laser safety practices that can be applied immediately at your medical facility:
- Learn the definition of a health care laser system
- Understand how a laser can be dangerous
- Review laser regulations and safety standards
- Learn basic laser terminology
- Study administrative controls
- Determine Nominal Hazard Zone and Laser Treatment Controlled Areas
- Increase your knowledge of patient safety as it relates to laser safety
- Learn more about having your laser serviced, who should do it and why
- Get an overview of laser eyewear
Why select LIA for your laser safety awareness training?
- Setting the standards in Laser Safety Training for 40 years — LIA is the secretariat for ANSI Z136 Safe Use of Lasers, the foundation for laser safety standards nationwide.
- World leader in laser safety education — LIA trains more Laser Safety Officers than any other organization in the world. In fact, other laser safety organizations come to LIA for education and training resources.
- Experience counts — LIA’s knowledgeable instructors are among the most experienced experts in the laser industry, and many sit on the ANSI standards committee.
- Employee safety is a top priority — With the goal of keeping the workplace safe from laser hazards, LIA and OSHA formed an alliance to provide laser safety training resources for industrial and medical organizations.
Enroll Today and Provide a Safer Facility Tomorrow
This course can be taken from either a PC or MAC. Minimum requirements are:
- An internet connection
- Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher, Google Chrome or Firefox Browser
- Adobe Flash Player (Adobe Flash is not supported on many mobile devices)
- Speakers to hear the audio
The registration fee for multiple seats includes:
Many laser safety officers choose to purchase multiple seats, which includes a user name and password good for as many seats as you would like to purchase for your company. It also includes a certificate for those who complete the course. It’s a very convenient and cost effective way to train your laser personnel.
- Username and password good for 30 calendar days after the course has been activated. Access to the course is unlimited during that time period.
- Printable certificate of completion at the end of the course.
- Review laser regulations and safety standards
|Quantity (number of people)||Price (per person)|
|61 and up||$29.00|
To register for a single user course, click here.
To purchase Multi-user courses, your account must be linked to a Company. In addition, you must be a Company Administrator for the Company. You can request Company Administrator access once you are linked to a Company by accessing, your profile.
Go to My Profile
You may, at any time prior to 10 business days before your course begins, cancel your registration and receive a refund, less an administrative fee of $99. Within 10 business days of the course, the Laser Institute of America will not issue a refund. However, you can reschedule for a future course at no cost as long as you attend within the next 12-month period. Please be aware that if you cannot attend the course and fail to give proper notification prior to your course date you will forfeit your entire course fee.
Physicians Laser Safety Training - Multi-user - Online - Course Fee $149.00 (Member Price: $149.00)