- Course Cancellation Policy
- Conference/ Workshop Cancellation Policy
- Publication Return Policy
- Ad Cancellation Policy
Course Cancellation Policy
Online Course Cancellation Policy: All online courses are non-refundable.
Classroom Course Cancellation Policy: You may, at any time prior to 10 business days before your course begins, cancel your registration and receive a refund, less an administrative fee of $99. Within 10 business days of the course, the Laser Institute of America will not issue a refund. However, you can reschedule for a future course at no cost as long as you attend within the next 12-month period. Please be aware that if you cannot attend the course and fail to give proper notification prior to your course date you will forfeit your entire course fee.
Disclaimer: Attending one of Laser Institute of America's laser safety training courses does not constitute a license to practice, nor does it guarantee your workplace free of laser hazards. Laser Institute of America, its administrators, employees, volunteers, and instructors are not liable for any accident which might occur as a result of practicing laser safety. The material presented in this course is a copyright of Laser Institute of America and may not be copied or stored in an electronic retrieval system of any kind. Any such activity is a violation of copyright laws and subsequent to appropriate legal action.
Conference/Workshop Cancellation Policy
Substitutions and Cancellations: We understand that circumstances may occur to prevent you from attending the conference. If you find that you are unable to attend one of LIA's Conferences or Workshops, you have several options:
- Send a substitute. Substitutions can be made at any time - even onsite at the conference. (Please have the substitute bring your letter of confirmation to the registration desk)
- Refund of monies: Requests for refunds must be made in writing and received by the conference refund deadline stated on the conference registration form. No refunds will be made on cancellations received after the refund deadline. Please see individual conference pages for any associated fees to be applied to all refunds. All refunds will be processed after the conference. Guest Tickets, Proceedings & LIA Membership Dues are all non-refundable.
Publication Return Policy (including electronic)
All CD's, DVDs and electronic publications (PDFs) or technical papers are non-refundable. Purchasers may return refundable merchandise within 30 days of purchase for a refund of the purchase price, excluding shipping and handling. The purchaser is responsible for all shipping costs. The returned publications must be received in resalable condition. Returns are subject to restocking charges of 25%. To return merchandise, enclose a copy of your original receipt that includes the number of publications originally purchased, date purchased, and the cost; indicate the reason for return, and include this documentation with your returned publications via a traceable method to:
Laser Institute of America
ATTN: Refund Department
12001 Research Parkway, Suite 210
Orlando, FL 32826
Ad Cancellation Policy
For booked campaigns (campaigns for which we have received a signed IO/agreement) ad reservations are subject to cancellation fees according to the following schedule:
- 30 days or less before publication: 100% cancellation fee
- 6 months to 31 days before publication: 50% cancellation fee
- More than 6 months before publication: 25% cancellation fee