Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Company Administrator?
- What is a multi-user online training course?
- How do I add Users to a multi-user online training course?
- How is a User notified once they have been added to a multi-user online-training course?
- How do I send (or resend) a multi-user online training course invitation?
- How does a User access a multi-user online training course?
- How do I check the training completion/progress of a User within my company?
- How much time does a User have to complete the online training course?
- When does the course access timer start? In other words, when is the course considered to be started?
A Company Administrator is an LIA website user that has access to manage information and users of their associated company/organization. For example: if user John Doe is assigned to ACME, Inc. as a Company Administrator, he would have access to manage the organization’s information, add users to ACME, Inc., and would receive and approve requests from others requesting access to manage ACME, Inc.
A user can only administer a single organization and it must be the organization their account is affiliated with. If you do not already have access to manage your organization, you may request access from your Profile page, as follows:
- Select ‘My Profile’ from the top menu bar.
- Choose the profile tab titled, "Request Company Admin."
- Select the checkbox, "I would like to request the Company Admin role."
- Click the “Submit Request” button.
- All existing Company Administrators will be notified and if approved, you will be granted access.
LIA offers many online training course solutions. One of those solutions is an online course structure that allows a user to purchase multiple seats, typically at a reduced rate. This course type is referred to as a multi-user online training course. The benefits of this course structure over a single-user online course is the ability to manage, track and maintain records of trained personnel.
*Note: Not all online courses offer a multi-user option.
To add users, you must first be granted access as a Company Administrator for your organization. To learn more about the Company Administrator role, including requesting access, click here.
Any user associated with your organization will be able to take one of your multi-user training courses. Before they can view these courses, they will need to be added to your company. To add a User to your company, follow these steps:
- Select ‘My Profile’ from the top menu bar.
- Choose the profile tab titled, "Company Users."
- Verify the User you are attempting to add is not already listed.
- Select the Company Users tab titled, "Add a User."
- Provide a Username, First Name, Last Name and Email Address for the new User.
- Click the button titled, "Submit."
- The system will verify there is not an account already existing with the information provided and will send the User a new account confirmation email. If there is a duplicate, you will be presented an error message and will need to contact the User. The User may contact LIA to have their Organization updated to match your Organization.
Once you add a User to your Company, they will receive an email confirmation of the new account creation. They will need to follow the steps outlined here, to access the course. You can manually send these instructions, via email, to the User by sending a multi-user online training course invitation, outlined here.
You can send an invitation to a User for an online multi-user training course from the Company Users tab within your Profile. Simply follow these steps:
- Once logged into the LIA website, navigate to "My Profile." A link to "My Profile" can be found at the top of the page.
- Select the tab titled, "Company Users."
- Verify the applicable User(s) have been added to your Company.
- Check the box to the left of the applicable User(s) that should receive the invitation.
- Click the button titled, "Send Invitation Email to Selected Employees" (located in the Operations section of this tab).
- The invitation will be sent to each User and you will be cc'd on each email for your records.
*Note: If the User is unable to locate the message in their inbox, they may need to check their Spam folder.
A User can access a multi-user online training course once they have been added to your Company. The steps for accessing the course are as follows:
- Log in to the LIA website at https://www.lia.org/user.
- Select the profile tab titled, "My Courses."
- Available courses, along with any expired courses, will be listed on this tab.
- To the right of the applicable course, the User should click the "Take Using Company License" button.
- The next page lists the available Chapters, and Quiz (if applicable).
- The user should select the chapter they wish to view. After selecting this link, the course timer will begin and course access will expire once the timeframe has lapsed.
To access the training completion/progress of a User, you will need to have Company Administrator access. The steps to view progress/completion, as well as download the User’s Certificate of Completion are as follows:
- Log in to the LIA Website as https://www.lia.org/user.
- Select the profile tab titled, "Company Courses."
- Select the link, located to the right of the applicable course, "View Users."
Access timeframes may vary by the course that was purchased and may change over time for future purchases. Many courses allow up to 30 days access. Please refer to the applicable Course description within the Training area of our website for more specific details, or contact LIA.
When does the course access timer start? In other words, when is the course considered to be started?
Course access begins once the User has accessed the course the first time. This typically happens immediately after they select the chapter they would like to start from the Course Table of Contents.