With LIA’s online education programs, you can gain comprehensive, applicable training quickly and easily from the comfort of your office or home. The convenient, easy-to-access delivery method over the Internet saves on travel cost and makes it easier for all laser professionals to fit into their busy schedules. While you can start and stop the course as needed, the program only takes about two hours to complete. You have 3 days to complete the course after activating it.
Why take this course?
If you’re a laser safety officer who must train his or her staff, this is the course to take — without having to bring in an outside expert or send personnel to a course and losing valuable productivity. This short training session will cover the safety basics for those operating or working near laser systems. LSOs save their companies time and money while their laser personnel upgrade their knowledge at a place and time that works well with their schedule. For the first time, LIA is offering discounts for companies that purchase multiple “seats,” so the more employees you enroll, the more you save. Companies that have facilities in various locations can administer the same course to employees no matter where they work.
- Learn basic physics, biological effects, control measures for safe laser environments, and beam and non-beam hazards.
- Understand the ANSI Z136 standards and regulations that apply to your particular laser environment. This course complies with the ANSI Z136.1.
- Listen and take notes at work, at home — anywhere you have computer access.
- Users can follow the entire audio program in sequence, pause and resume later, and go to previous chapters to review — even study notes and slides without audio.
- Course administrator controls all records of those taking the course and receiving certificates upon completion.
- Newly appointed LSOs can take the course first, and then sign up other employees to train them with LIA materials instead of creating an entire course from scratch.
Why select LIA for your laser safety awareness training?
- Setting the standards in Laser Safety Training for 40 years —LIA is the secretariat for ANSI Z136 Safe Use of Lasers, the foundation for laser safety standards nationwide.
- World leader in laser safety education — LIA trains more Laser Safety Officers than any other organization in the world. In fact, other laser safety organizations come to LIA for education and training resources.
- Experience counts — LIA’s knowledgeable instructors are among the most experienced experts in the laser industry, and many sit on the ANSI standards committee.
- Employee safety is a top priority — With the goal of keeping the workplace safe from laser hazards, LIA and OSHA formed an alliance to provide laser safety training resources for industrial and medical organizations.
Enroll Today and Provide a Safer Facility Tomorrow
This course can be taken from either a PC or MAC. Minimum requirements are:
- An internet connection
- Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher, Google Chrome or Firefox Browser
- If you do not have Adobe Flash installed, you will need a browser that supports HTML5.
- Speakers to hear the audio
To purchase for multiple users, Click Here for our Multi-Seat option.
You may, at any time prior to 10 business days before your course begins, cancel your registration and receive a refund, less an administrative fee of $99. Within 10 business days of the course, the Laser Institute of America will not issue a refund. However, you can reschedule for a future course at no cost as long as you attend within the next 12-month period. Please be aware that if you cannot attend the course and fail to give proper notification prior to your course date you will forfeit your entire course fee.
Laser Safety Awareness Training - Single-user - Online - Course Fee $70.00 (Member Price: $70.00)