Course Fee: $70.00
(Member Price: $70.00)
With LIA’s online education programs, you can gain comprehensive, applicable training quickly and easily from the comfort of your office or home. The convenient, easy-to-access delivery method over the Internet saves on travel cost and makes it easier for all laser professionals to fit into their busy schedules. While you can start and stop the course as needed, the program only takes about two hours to complete. You have 30 days to complete the course after activating it.
- Course Overview
- Why Take This Course?
- What's Included?
- System Requirements
- Why Choose LIA?
- Cancellation Policy
- Learn basic physics, biological effects, control measures for safe laser environments, and beam and non-beam hazards.
- Understand the ANSI Z136 standards and regulations that apply to your particular laser environment. This course complies with the ANSI Z136.1.
- Listen and take notes at work, at home — anywhere you have computer access.
- Users can follow the entire audio program in sequence, pause and resume later, and go to previous chapters to review — even study notes and slides without audio.
- Course administrator controls all records of those taking the course and receiving certificates upon completion.
- Newly appointed LSOs can take the course first, and then sign up other employees to train them with LIA materials instead of creating an entire course from scratch.
Why take this course?
If you’re a laser safety officer who must train his or her staff, this is the course to take — without having to bring in an outside expert or send personnel to a course and losing valuable productivity. This short training session will cover the safety basics for those operating or working near laser systems.
LSOs save their companies time and money while their laser personnel upgrade their knowledge at a place and time that works well with their schedule. For the first time, LIA is offering discounts for companies that purchase multiple “seats,” so the more employees you enroll, the more you save. Companies that have facilities in various locations can administer the same course to employees no matter where they work.
The registration fee includes:
- You have 30 days to complete the course once you activate the course.
- Complete set of course notes in portable document format (PDF).
- Sample documentation including self-audit forms and questions, standard operating procedures, and policies and procedures.
- Printable LSO certificate of completion at the end of the course.
- All course materials are electronic and downloadable once the course is purchased.
Minimum system Requirements
This course can be taken from either a PC or MAC. Minimum requirements are:
- An internet connection
- Internet Explorer 11.0, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Firefox Browser
- Adobe Flash Player (Adobe Flash is not supported on many mobile devices)
- Speakers to hear the audio
Why select LIA for your medical laser safety training?
- Setting the standards in Laser Safety Training for 40 years — We literally wrote the book on laser safety standards. LIA is the secretariat for ANSI Z136 Safe Use of Lasers, the foundation for laser safety standards nationwide.
- World leader in laser safety education — LIA trains more Laser Safety Officers than any other organization in the world. In fact, other laser safety organizations come to LIA for education and training resources.
- Experience Counts - LIA’s expert instructors are among the most experienced experts in the laser industry, and many sit on the ANSI laser safety standards committees.
- Employee safety is a top priority - With the goal of keeping the workplace safe from laser hazards, LIA and OSHA formed an alliance to provide laser safety training resources for industrial and medical organizations.
All online courses are non-refundable. For more information on LIA's Cancellation and Return Policies, click here.
To purchase Multi-user courses, your account must be linked to a Company. In addition, you must be a Company Administrator for the Company. You can request Company Administrator access once you are linked to a Company by accessing, your profile.
Multi-user Price Levels
To register for a single user course, click here.
Number of People
41 and up
Laser Safety Awareness Training - Multi-user - Online
Course Fee: $70.00
(Member Price: $70.00)