Laser Additive Manufacturing Workshop
LIA's 7th annual Laser Additive Manufacturing Workshop (LAM®) brings together representatives from industries including power generation, aerospace, agriculture and automotive. Attendees hear case studies from large and small firms that describe successes in depositing wire or powder with lasers to prevent and repair corrosion on vital components. In addition, powder-bed and powder-fed additive processes allow the production of innovatively designed lightweight parts by exploiting the root power of AM. The workshop will draw dozens of experts from around the world to discuss not only traditional laser-based techniques like cladding but the revolutionary applications of AM in medicine and dentistry, the aviation and automotive industries, and even consumer products.
Past Keynote Speaker – Terry Wohlers
2015 General ChairIngomar Kelbassa – Fraunhofer ILT
2015 Workshop Co-ChairsPaul Denney – Lincoln Electric Company
Jim Sears – GE Global Research Center
2015 Sponsor Committee ChairBill Shiner – IPG Photonics Corporation
2015 Program CommitteeMilan Brandt – RMIT University
Jim Cann – Rofin-Sinar, Inc.
John Hunter – LPW Technology, Inc.
Thierry Marchione – Caterpillar, Inc.
Wayne Penn – Alabama Laser
Steve Roy – Hayden Laser Services
Featuring Topics On:
- Success Stories – Worldwide Large–Scale Initiatives, Rapid Manufacturing & Visions
- Application Focus - Wear & Corrosion Protection, Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul
- Process Chain - Paradigm Shift in Manufacturing, Design & Material
- Process Integration - Process & Quality Assurance, Systems & Process Integration
- Laser 3D Printing
- Oil and Gas Industries
- Powder Production
- On- and Off-Highway Transportation
- Power Generation
- Tooling, Dies and Molds
Who Should Attend?
- Business Development Engineers
- Manufacturing Engineers and Managers
- Process/R&D Engineers
- Applications Engineers
- Construction Engineers
- Precision Parts Specialists
- System Integrators
- Design Engineer
- Product Engineer