Conference General Chair
Benjamin Rockwell, PhD.
U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory
ILSC® 2019 is the zenith of laser safety meetings. The conference has two tracks with significant benefit to the laser safety community, the Technical Sessions with presentations by recognized world-wide experts in a variety of fields relevant to the cutting-edge in laser safety and the Practical Applications Sessions (PAS), with both technical laser safety and medical laser safety components. This year laser safety experts from around the world will descend on Kissimmee, Florida to discuss and define the latest updates to regulations and common practice in the field. The location was chosen to be close to the Laser Institute of America’s home office, which last year celebrated 50 years of service to the laser safety and applications communities.
As new and novel laser applications push the envelope of modern technology, protection of personnel from the complex laser hazards is utmost to assuring success. At ILSC 2019, the technologist and safety professional will acquire new skills and hone current processes to ensure their organization is refreshed and leading-edge on laser safety. Come and join us, and rub shoulders with laser safety professionals from throughout the world as we help confront your biggest challenges.
view_quilt View the Track Schedule
Laser Safety Scientific Sessions — March 18-21
LSSS Conference Chair:
LSSS Topics Include:
- Safety Standards Legislation – Local to Global
- Practical Laser Safety
- Laser Safety Training
- Outdoor Lasers
- Control Measures
- High-powered Laser Issues
- Hazard & Risk Assessment
- Eye Protection
- Non-beam Hazards & Fume Extraction
Medical Practical Applications Seminar — March 18-19
MPAS Conference Co-chairs:
WellStar Health System
MPAS Topics Include:
- Plume Hazards
- Upper Airway Practice Guidelines
- Ethical Dilemmas and Accidents in the O.R.
- AORN Recommended Practices
- ANSI Standards Update
- Setting up a Safety Program for the O.R.
- Physics and Tissue Interaction
- New and Innovative Technologies
- What's New with Aesthetics
Technical Practical Applications Seminar — March 20-21
TPAS Conference Co-chairs:
University of California, Berkeley
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
TPAS Topics Include:
- Laser Safety in the Workplace
- How to Determine Nominal Hazard Zones (NHZ)
- Which Laser Eye Protection Should I Select?
- Which Control Measures are Mandatory?
- How do I know if this Laser is Dangerous?
- What Regulations Apply to Me?
- Identifying and Controlling Non-Beam Hazards
ILSC 2019 Interactive Program Overview