Course Fee: $895.00
(Member Price: $795.00)
As a Laser Safety Officer, you have one of the most important responsibilities in your organization - to uphold the highest standard of laser safety. Your commitment to safety prevents injuries. Your enforcement of safety policies isn't always easy, but you know the consequences otherwise. It is this persistent motivation that protects your team and makes a difference.
As you know, the laser field changes at a rapid pace. That's why it's so important to stay on the leading-edge of safety training and advancement, especially in the role of Laser Safety Officer. Considering all of your responsibilities, we've made it a little easier to stay on the forefront of laser safety. LIA's most popular training program for the Laser Safety Officer is now offered over the Internet in a convenient, easy-to-use online course format.
LIA's LSO Online Course Includes Canadian Regulations!
Reflecting its growing international audience, the Laser Institute of America has expanded its leading online Laser Safety Officer Training course to include the latest Canadian rules regulating the use of laser devices. So if you operate a laser in Canada, this course is for you too!
- Course Overview
- Why Take This Course?
- What's Included?
- System Requirements
- Why Choose LIA?
- Cancellation Policy
Enhance your knowledge today!
The LIA Laser Safety Officer course is packed with useful information that you can take back to your organization and apply immediately. With a focus on safety program development and administration, it covers lasers and optics, bioeffects, beam and non-beam hazards, control measures and training requirements.
Through a non-mathematical approach, the course is designed to teach the administrative duties of the Laser Safety Officer as described in the ANSI Z136.1 Safe Use of Lasers standard. In addition, the course meets all LSO training requirements outlined by ANSI and OSHA.
†You will earn 18 CECs by AAHP, 3.0 BLS CM Points by the Board of Laser Safety and are eligible for ABIH CM Points.
Why take this course?
- Learn how to uphold an even higher standard of laser safety
- Stay on the cutting-edge of laser safety strategies
- Expand your knowledge and contribute to a safer working environment
- Gain applicable knowledge you can utilize today to make a difference
The registration fee includes:
- You have 30 days to complete the course once you activate the course.
- Complete set of course notes in portable document format (PDF).
- Sample documentation including self-audit forms and questions, standard operating procedures, and policies and procedures.
- Printable LSO certificate of completion at the end of the course.
- All course materials are electronic and downloadable once the course is purchased.
Minimum system Requirements
This course can be taken from either a PC or MAC. Minimum requirements are:
- An internet connection
- Internet Explorer 11.0, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Firefox Browser
- Adobe Flash Player (Adobe Flash is not supported on many mobile devices)
- Speakers to hear the audio.
Why select LIA for your medical laser safety training?
- Setting the standards in Laser Safety Training for 40 years — LIA is the secretariat for ANSI Z136 Safe Use of Lasers, the foundation for laser safety standards nationwide.
- World leader in laser safety education — LIA trains more Laser Safety Officers than any other organization in the world. In fact, other laser safety organizations come to LIA for education and training resources.
- Experience counts — LIA’s knowledgeable instructors are among the most experienced experts in the laser industry, and many sit on the ANSI standards committee.
- Employee safety is a top priority — With the goal of keeping the workplace safe from laser hazards, LIA and OSHA formed an alliance to provide laser safety training resources for industrial and medical organizations.
All online courses are non-refundable. For more information on LIA's Cancellation and Return Policies, click here.
To purchase Multi-user courses, your account must be linked to a Company. In addition, you must be a Company Administrator for the Company. You can request Company Administrator access once you are linked to a Company by accessing, your profile.
Multi-user Price Levels
To register for a single user course, Click here.
Number of People
41 and up
Laser Safety Officer Training - Multi-user - Online
Course Fee: $895.00
(Member Price: $795.00)