Course Fee: $195.00
(Member Price: $155.00)
If you are working with or around lasers in an industrial setting, there is a unique set of safety concerns to address. Whether you are a small shop with one laser, or a large manufacturer with several laser processing systems, LIA’s Industrial Laser Safety Course provides the specialized training you need for laser materials processing.
From automobile, aircraft and boat manufacturers to welding shops, this highly-focused course provides a comprehensive overview of laser safety as it relates specifically to industrial laser applications.
Additionally, because the course is offered completely over the Internet, it is easier and more affordable to train your entire staff. There’s no need to incur travel expenses to get advanced training from the world-leader in laser safety education. This LIA course is just a click away—in a 100% online format that is both convenient and affordable.
- Course Overview
- Why Take This Course?
- What's Included?
- System Requirements
- Why Choose LIA?
- Cancellation Policy
Produce a Safer Working Environment
Based on the ANSI Z136.1 Safe Use of Lasers standard, this online course is packed with helpful, easy-to-understand information about the basic safety concerns in laser materials processing. Another unique feature of the course is its structure. The course is divided into five sections to simplify the training process and ensure a successful learning process. After each section, there is a short quiz. Once you have successfully passed each quiz, you may move on to the next section.
The training sections include:
- Section 1 — Basic Concepts of Lasers
- Section 2 — Characterizing the Laser Output
- Section 3 — Types of Industrial Lasers
- Section 4 — Laser Safety in Industrial Settings
- Section 5 — Basics of Laser Materials Processing
Why take this course?
- Expand your awareness of laser hazards as they relate to materials processing.
- Gain applicable knowledge you can utilize today to protect your staff from the dangers of lasers in industrial facilities.
- Save time and travel expense with a flexible online program that is tailored to fit hectic work schedules with multiple shifts.
You will learn laser safety practices that can be applied immediately at your industrial facility:
- Get a comprehensive overview of industrial laser applications
- Study laser fundamentals and terminology to gain a complete understanding of current laser safety information
- Increase your knowledge of biological hazards associated with industrial laser processes
- Learn how to prevent industrial laser accidents through control measures
- Become familiar with non-beam hazards in industrial laser processing
Many laser safety officers choose to purchase multiple seats, which includes a user name and password good for as many seats as you would like to purchase for your company. It also includes a certificate for those who complete the course. It’s a very convenient and cost effective way to train your laser personnel.
The registration fee includes:
- You have 30 days to complete the course once you activate the course.
- Printable certificate of completion at the end of the course
Minimum system Requirements
This course can be taken from either a PC or MAC. Minimum requirements are:
- An internet connection
- Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Firefox Browser
- Adobe Flash Player (Adobe Flash is not supported on many mobile devices)
- Speakers to hear the audio
Why select LIA for your medical laser safety training?
- Setting the standards in Laser Safety Training for 40 years — We literally wrote the book on laser safety standards. LIA is the secretariat for ANSI Z136 Safe Use of Lasers, the foundation for laser safety standards nationwide.
- World leader in laser safety education — LIA trains more Laser Safety Officers than any other organization in the world. In fact, other laser safety organizations come to LIA for education and training resources.
- Experience Counts — LIA’s expert instructors are among the most experienced experts in the laser industry, and many sit on the ANSI laser safety standards committees.
- Employee safety is a top priority - With the goal of keeping the workplace safe from laser hazards, LIA and OSHA formed an alliance to provide laser safety training resources for industrial and medical organizations.
All online courses are non-refundable. For more information on LIA's Cancellation and Return Policies, click here.
To purchase Multi-user courses, your account must be linked to a Company. In addition, you must be a Company Administrator for the Company. You can request Company Administrator access once you are linked to a Company by accessing, your profile.
Multi-user Price Levels
To register for a single user course, Click here.
Number of People
41 and up
Industrial Laser Safety Training - Multi-user - Online
Course Fee: $195.00
(Member Price: $155.00)