Industrial Laser Safety Training - Multi-user - Online
If you are working with or around lasers in an industrial setting, there is a unique set of safety concerns to address. Whether you are a small shop with one laser, or a large manufacturer with several laser processing systems, LIA’s Industrial Laser Safety Course provides the specialized training you need for laser materials processing.
From automobile, aircraft and boat manufacturers to welding shops, this highly-focused course provides a comprehensive overview of laser safety as it relates specifically to industrial laser applications.
Additionally, because the course is offered completely over the Internet, it is easier and more affordable to train your entire staff. There’s no need to incur travel expenses to get advanced training from the world-leader in laser safety education. This LIA course is just a click away—in a 100% online format that is both convenient and affordable.
Why take this course?
- Expand your awareness of laser hazards as they relate to materials processing.
- Gain applicable knowledge you can utilize today to protect your staff from the dangers of lasers in industrial facilities.
- Save time and travel expense with a flexible online program that is tailored to fit hectic work schedules with multiple shifts.
Course Overview—Produce a Safer Working Environment
Based on the ANSI Z136.1 Safe Use of Lasers standard, this online course is packed with helpful, easy-to-understand information about the basic safety concerns in laser materials processing. Another unique feature of the course is its structure. The course is divided into five sections to simplify the training process and ensure a successful learning process. After each section, there is a short quiz. Once you have successfully passed each quiz, you may move on to the next section.
The training sections include:
- Section 1 — Basic Concepts of Lasers
- Section 2 — Characterizing the Laser Output
- Section 3 — Types of Industrial Lasers
- Section 4 - Laser Safety in Industrial Settings
- Section 5 - Basics of Laser Materials Processing
You will learn laser safety practices that can be applied immediately at your industrial facility:
- Get a comprehensive overview of industrial laser applications
- Study laser fundamentals and terminology to gain a complete understanding of current laser safety information
- Increase your knowledge of biological hazards associated with industrial laser processes
- Learn how to prevent industrial laser accidents through control measures
- Become familiar with non-beam hazards in industrial laser processing
This course can be taken from either a PC or MAC. Minimum requirements are:
- An internet connection
- Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher, Google Chrome or Firefox Browser
- Adobe Flash Player (Adobe Flash is not supported on many mobile devices)
- Speakers to hear the audio
The registration fee for multiple seats includes:
Many laser safety officers choose to purchase multiple seats, which includes a user name and password good for as many seats as you would like to purchase for your company. It also includes a certificate for those who complete the course. It’s a very convenient and cost effective way to train your laser personnel.
- Username and password good for 30 calendar days. Access to the course is unlimited during that time period.
- Printable certificate of completion at the end of the course
Multiple Seat Price Breakdown:
Quantity (number of people)
Price (per person)
41 and up
Why select LIA for your medical laser safety training?
- Setting the standards in Laser Safety Training for 40 years — We literally wrote the book on laser safety standards. LIA is the secretariat for ANSI Z136 Safe Use of Lasers, the foundation for laser safety standards nationwide.
- World leader in laser safety education — LIA trains more Laser Safety Officers than any other organization in the world. In fact, other laser safety organizations come to LIA for education and training resources.
- Experience Counts — LIA’s expert instructors are among the most experienced experts in the laser industry, and many sit on the ANSI laser safety standards committees.
- Employee safety is a top priority - With the goal of keeping the workplace safe from laser hazards, LIA and OSHA formed an alliance to provide laser safety training resources for industrial and medical organizations.
To register for a single user course, Click here.
To purchase Multi-user courses, your account must be linked to a Company. In addition, you must be a Company Administrator for the Company. You can request Company Administrator access once you are linked to a Company by accessing, your profile.
Go to My Profile
You may, at any time prior to 10 business days before your course begins, cancel your registration and receive a refund, less an administrative fee of $99. Within 10 business days of the course, the Laser Institute of America will not issue a refund. However, you can reschedule for a future course at no cost as long as you attend within the next 12-month period. Please be aware that if you cannot attend the course and fail to give proper notification prior to your course date you will forfeit your entire course fee.
Industrial Laser Safety Training - Multi-user - Online - Course Fee $195.00 (Member Price: $195.00)