This course takes a non-mathematical approach to laser safety, designed to teach LSOs administrative duties that will help them develop, implement and maintain laser safety programs while meeting the training requirements outlined by ANSI and OSHA, including:
- The latest information from the Accredited Standards Committee Z136.
- Fundamentals and terminology necessary for understanding laser safety.
- Non-beam issues such as laser-generated airborne contaminants and hazards.
- Laser control measures and personal protective equipment.
- Strategies that make a laser safety program successful.
- A complete overview of MPEs, NHZs and OD.
- Effects of lasers on the eye and skin.
- A brief history of laser accidents
- Course manual that includes a resource CD with useful LSO documentation forms.
- ANSI Z136.1, Safe Use of Lasers
- LIA Laser Safety Guide
- Certificate of Completion
If you need to cancel your registration, click here to view our Cancellation Policy.