For your convenience, this course is also available online.
Developing and implementing a successful laser safety program is a top priority for you and your organization. Whether you are new to laser safety, or more experienced, your goal is to uphold the highest standard of laser safety. At LIA, our goal is to help you achieve that by offering the most comprehensive laser safety training program for LSOs.
Designed to keep you on the leading-edge of safety training requirements and program administration, this course teaches a non-mathematical approach to facilitating the duties of Laser Safety Officer. Developed and taught by LIA experts - the industry leader in laser safety education - the LSO course was designed for all levels of experience involved in industrial, military, educational, or research applications of lasers. It is tailored to fit the needs of safety professionals, engineers, laser operators, technicians, and other professionals assigned the duties of Laser Safety Officer who are not required to perform hazard analysis calculations. This course meets all LSO training requirements outlined by ANSI, OSHA and ACGIH and is worth 24 CECs by AAHP, 3.0 BLS CM Points by the Board of Laser Safety, and is eligible for ABIH CM Points.
This course takes a non-mathematical approach to laser safety, designed to teach LSOs administrative duties that will help them develop, implement and maintain laser safety programs while meeting the training requirements outlined by ANSI and OSHA, including:
- The latest information from the Accredited Standards Committee Z136.
- Fundamentals and terminology necessary for understanding laser safety.
- Non-beam issues such as laser-generated airborne contaminants and hazards.
- Laser control measures and personal protective equipment.
- Strategies that make a laser safety program successful.
- A complete overview of MPEs, NHZs and OD.
- Effects of lasers on the eye and skin.
- A brief history of laser accidents
- Course manual that includes a resource CD with useful LSO documentation forms.
- ANSI Z136.1, Safe Use of Lasers
- LIA Laser Safety Guide
- Certificate of Completion
If you need to cancel your registration, click here to view our Cancellation Policy.