With LIA’s online education programs, you can gain comprehensive, applicable training quickly and easily from the comfort of your office or home. The convenient, easy-to-access delivery method over the Internet saves on travel cost and makes it easier for nurses and medical professionals to fit into their busy schedules. While you can start and stop the course as needed, the program only takes two hours to complete. You have 30 days to complete the course after activating it.
Why take this course?
- Obtain information essential to the development of a comprehensive CO2 laser service specific to medical facilities and applications.
- Gain an understanding of the safe use of CO2 lasers in medical procedures.
- Stay on the cutting-edge of medical laser safety strategies specifically for CO2 lasers.
- Gain applicable knowledge you can utilize today to protect your patients and staff from the hazards of CO2 lasers in medical facilities.
- Save time and travel expense with an online program that is tailored to fit the busy schedules of working professionals in the medical and health care fields.
Course Overview—Developing a Solid Foundation
As the use of CO2 lasers continues to expand in routine clinical applications and in many surgical specialties, the demand for medical staff trained in the safe use of these lasers will also continue to grow. LIA’s CO2 Medical Laser Safety Course provides a solid foundation in the safe use of lasers specifically in clinical and surgical applications.
The course addresses laser safety protocols according to the ANSI Z136.3 Safe Use of Lasers in Health Care standard, and the Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses. In addition to the working knowledge you will gain, you will earn two contact hours.*
You will learn laser safety practices specific to the CO2 laser that can be applied immediately at your medical facility:
- Study laser biophysics and tissue interactions specifically for the CO2 laser
- Review and apply laser safety standards from ANSI Z136.3 Safe Use of Lasers in Health Care Facilities and the Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses
- Learn the effects and characteristics of CO2 laser wavelengths on tissue
- Discuss the operational skills with the different CO2 laser delivery systems
- Gain an understanding of how lasers are measured
- Review recommended practices for CO2 laser applications
Why select LIA for your medical laser safety training?
- Setting the standards in Laser Safety Training for 40 years — We literally wrote the book on laser safety standards. LIA is the secretariat for ANSI Z136 Safe Use of Lasers, the foundation for laser safety standards nationwide.
- World leader in laser safety education — LIA trains more Laser Safety Officers than any other organization in the world. In fact, other laser safety organizations come to LIA for education and training resources.
- Experience Counts - LIA’s expert instructors are among the most experienced experts in the laser industry, and many sit on the ANSI laser safety standards committees.
- Employee safety is a top priority - With the goal of keeping the workplace safe from laser hazards, LIA and OSHA formed an alliance to provide laser safety training resources for industrial and medical organizations.
Enroll Today and Provide a Safer Medical Facility Tomorrow!
This course can be taken from either a PC or MAC. Minimum requirements are:
- An internet connection
- Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher, Google Chrome or Firefox Browser
- Adobe Flash Player (Adobe Flash is not supported on many mobile devices)
- Speakers to hear the audio
*Contact hours are provided by the Laser Institute of America, provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 14801, for 2 contact hours.
All online courses are non-refundable.
CO2 Medical Laser Safety Training - Online - Course Fee $95.00 (Member Price: $95.00)