Product Code: 303_2016 | ISBN: 978-1-940168-08-1
With new footage and updated information, Mastering Light: An Introduction to Laser Safety & Hazards provides trainees and current employees with the knowledge needed to enter the world of laser safety.
In the ever-changing, fast-paced field of laser technology, Laser Safety Officers (LSOs) must find ways to train new and current employees on necessary safety issues and practices. To aid in this goal, Laser Institute of America (LIA) created Mastering Light: An Introduction to Laser Safety & Hazards — a video outlining laser safety in the field. For years, Mastering Light: An Introduction to Laser Safety & Hazards has provided LSOs with a training tool that is not only easy to administer, but also effective in properly training employees.
This 23 minute video features:
- Physics of a laser
- Classification of lasers by hazard potential
- Definition and duties of a laser safety officer
- Beam and non-beam laser hazards
- Clear explanation of labels and signs governing regulations
- Control measures
- Discussion of fiber laser applications
- Revised information and video footage of Class 1M and 2M military lasers
- Updated information on the agencies that regulate laser safety issues
- And more!
In addition, LIA’s effective training tool will now be accompanied by a quiz. With this new facet of the program, LSOs can effectively determine employees’ understanding of the video’s concepts and safety information. LIA is proud to offer the latest version of Mastering Light: An Introduction to Laser Safety & Hazards to prepare those working both directly and indirectly with lasers in the field.
Note: When applicable, multiple quantity discounts are applied once the items are added to your cart.