Product Code: 319 | ISBN: 9781940168098
Introducing LIA’s Desktop Evaluator Software!
In 2010, Laser Institute of America (LIA) introduced the world’s first web-based Laser Safety Hazard Analysis System, The Evaluator. The web-based Evaluator has proven itself as an integral tool for Laser Safety Officers (LSOs) in the field with its accessibility, easy navigation, and accurate results. In January 2016, LIA unveiled an alternative platform of this innovative program: The Desktop Evaluator.
Unlike the web-based system, the Desktop Evaluator is delivered via a download link, from which users can download the program to their computer. As a software program stored on the computer, the Desktop Evaluator eliminates the need for internet access.
Similar to the web-based version, the Desktop Evaluator performs a number of repeated calculations based on the ANSI Z136.1-2014 American National Standard for Safe Use of Lasers, including: maximum permissible exposure (MPE), optical density (OD), nominal ocular hazard distance (NOHD), nominal hazard zone (NHZ) and laser hazard classification.
Both versions of the Evaluator offer users an easy and seamless experience, assisting LSOs of all skill levels complete necessary safety calculations in the field. For instance, both versions allow effortless switching of laser settings between CW, Single Pulse, or repetitively pulsed lasers, in addition to the adjusting of the beam profile (circular, elliptical or rectangular). However, now companies can choose the format that best meets their specific needs. Compatible with Windows 7, 8 or 10 PDF viewer, the easily downloadable program – which most closely resembles the web-based version’s advanced subscription level – lives on your computer, offering constant, uninterrupted access.
Additional Desktop Evaluator Benefits:
- Military users, whose firewalls often restrict continuous access to online content, will now be able to perform calculations without fear of losing connection
- A simple layout allows users to input variables – including wavelength, energy/power, pulse width, PRF, focal length, limiting aperture and more – on the screen’s left-side panel, while final output appears on the right-side panel
- Intermediate calculations are also shown to further verify hand calculations
- The classification of the laser is displayed in the Hazard tab for eye and skin
- Values for MPE, NOHD, NHZ, OD, Specular NHZ and Diffuse NHZ are provided for both eye and skin
- Users can print reports or save the information to a file for later review
- A User Guide, located in the Help menu provides an overview of the program, from explanation of how to perform an evaluation to parameter descriptions and calculated results. Additionally, you can double-click any input parameters for an instant definition.
- This is a single user version.
- Computer requirements: Windows 7, 8, or 10 and PDF viewer (such as Adobe PDF)
- Installation key will expire 90 days from day of purchase.
- For more information about this product, visit: www.LSEVAL.com
Note: When applicable, multiple quantity discounts are applied once the items are added to your cart.