Product Code: 116_2015 | ISBN: 978-1-940168-0-67
ANSI Z136.6 (2015) - Safe Use of Lasers Outdoors (Hardcopy Version)
The ANSI Z136.6 is a necessary tool for anyone operating lasers outdoors.
Z136.6 is designed for use by anyone operating lasers outdoors; from laser light shows, scientific/astronomical research, to military (DOE, DoD).
This latest edition was created with the goal to update, clarify, and streamline an already established, recognized standard to better reflect today’s outdoor laser operator’s needs.
Some of the changes to the 2015 edition include:
- Single column format and index for improved readability and searchability, and color added to figures for ease of use.
- Added definition of “Control Measures” with explanation of preferred categories
- Complete rewrite of the Control Measures section to include the removal of most manufacturer-specific requirements, and the addition of an expanded and standalone military-specific section.
- Metric unit standardization across the standard means no more pesky conversions.
- New definitions and expanded content for visual interference zones around airports and general critical tasks.
- FAA coordination requirements clarified.
- Laser hazard classification revised to include a comparison table between 2000 & 2014 version of ANSI Z136.1 and better explain the purpose and types of hazard classification.
- General section and formatting updates to better reflect today’s jargon.
- Order an electronic copy of this standard
- View a sample of this publication (includes the Table of Contents).
This standard is designed to be used in conjunction with the ANSI Z136.1 (2022). Both documents are available for purchase as a set:
For site license inquiries, please visit the ANSI website.
Note: When applicable, multiple quantity discounts are applied once the items are added to your cart.