Course Fee: $70.00
(Member Price: $70.00)
With LIA’s online education programs, you can gain comprehensive, applicable training quickly and easily from the comfort of your office or home. The convenient, easy-to-access delivery method over the Internet saves on travel cost and makes it easier for all laser professionals to fit into their busy schedules. While you can start and stop the course as needed, the program only takes about two hours to complete. You have 30 days to complete the course after activating it.
To register yourself for a single user course, click here.
- Course Overview
- Why Take This Course?
- What's Included?
- System Requirements
- Why Choose LIA?
- Cancellation Policy
Your staff will learn basic physics, biological effects, beam hazards, non-beam hazards, and control measures for safe laser environments. After completion of this course, your staff will be able to:
- State what ANSI is
- Recognize the scope of the Z136 standards
- Identify what “LSO” stands for
- Identify properties of laser light
- Define ‘energy’ and ‘power’
- Recognize laser hazard classes
- Recognize behaviors of laser light
- Define the term hazard
- Identify hazards posed to the eyes and skin
- Identify six common control measures
- Recognize laser safety signs
- Understand how to read OD on eyewear
Why take this course?
If you’re a laser safety officer who must train his or her staff, this is the course for your staff to take — without having to bring in an outside expert or send personnel to a course and losing valuable productivity. This short two-hour training session will cover the safety basics for those operating or working near laser systems.
LSOs save their companies time and money while their laser personnel upgrade their knowledge at a place and time that works well with their schedule. LIA is offering discounts for companies that purchase multiple “seats,” so the more employees you enroll, the more you save. Discounts are automatically applied based on the quantity in your shopping cart. Companies that have facilities in various locations can administer the same course to employees no matter where they work.
The registration fee includes:
- The two-hour training course, available for 30 days once you activate the course.
- Printable certificate of course completion at the end of the course.
- Users can follow the entire audio program in sequence, pause and resume later, and go to previous chapters to review — even study notes and slides without audio.
- Company administrators can download certificates of completion for employees completing a multi-user course.
Minimum system Requirements
This course can be taken from either a smart phone or tablet device with internet browsing capabilities or with a PC or MAC. Minimum requirements are:
- An internet connection
- An internet browser that supports HTML5
- Speakers to hear the audio
Why select LIA for your laser safety training?
- Setting the standards in Laser Safety Training for 50 years — LIA is the publisher of ANSI Z136 Safe Use of Lasers series of standards, the foundation for laser safety nationwide.
- World leader in laser safety education — LIA trains more Laser Safety Officers than any other organization in the world. In fact, other laser safety organizations come to LIA for education and training resources.
- Experience Counts - LIA’s expert instructors are among the most experienced experts in the laser industry, and many sit on the Z136 laser safety standards committees and assist in writing the content of our online courses.
- Employee safety is a top priority - With the goal of keeping the workplace safe from laser hazards, LIA and OSHA formed an alliance to provide laser safety training resources for industrial and medical organizations.
All online courses are non-refundable. Click here to view our full cancellation policy.
To purchase Multi-user courses, your account must be linked to a Company. In addition, you must be a Company Administrator for the Company. You can request Company Administrator access once you are linked to a Company by accessing, your profile.
Multi-user Price Levels
Number of People
2 - 5
6 - 10
11 - 20
21 - 30
31 - 40
41 and up
Laser Safety Awareness Training - Multi-user - Online
Course Fee: $70.00
(Member Price: $70.00)