Developing and implementing a successful laser safety program is a top priority for you and your organization. Whether you are new to laser safety, or more experienced, your goal is to uphold the highest standard of laser safety. At LIA, our goal is to help you achieve that by offering the most comprehensive laser safety training program for LSOs in manufacturing and industrial facilities.
Designed to keep you on the leading-edge of safety training requirements and program administration, this course teaches a non-mathematical approach to facilitating the duties of a Laser Safety Officer. Developed and taught by LIA experts - the industry leader in laser safety education - the Industrial LSO course was designed for all levels of experience involved in industrial, and manufacturing applications of lasers. This course meets all LSO training requirements outlined by the ANSI Z136.9 Safe Use of Lasers in Manufacturing Environments standard and OSHA. This course is worth 16 CECs by AAHP and 2.0 BLS CM points by the Board of Laser Safety.
This course is hosted by LIA Corporate Member IPG Photonics Corporation, Midwest Operations. IPG Photonics Corporation is the world's leading provider of high power fiber lasers and fiber amplifiers that are revolutionizing performance and utility in a remarkable array of materials processing, telecommunications, medical and other advanced applications.
Our industrial laser safety training prepares LSOs to create safer working environments by providing them with the following:
- A comprehensive overview of industrial laser applications.
- Knowledge of biological hazards associated with industrial laser processes.
- How to prevent industrial laser accidents through control measures.
- Familiarity with non-beam hazards in industrial laser processing.
- General knowledge of laser safety fundamentals and terminology.
- Overview of the ANSI Z136 standards applicable to their industry.
- Complete set of course notes, including a resource CD with useful LSO documentation forms.
- ANSI Z136.9, Safe Use of Lasers in Manufacturing Environments
- LIA Laser Safety Guide
- Certificate of Completion
If you need to cancel your registration, click here to view our Cancellation Policy.