At LIA, we care about your laser safety training as much as you care about your patients. We know safety is a top priority in your operating room and medical facility, and we understand the pressure to keep everything running smoothly.
That’s why we have designed our Medical Laser Safety Officer (MLSO) online course to meet the special needs of RNs, OR supervisors, training coordinators, and other medical professionals who have been appointed the critical responsibility of LSO. Now, your laser safety training is just a click away—in a 100% online format!
Enjoy a Flexible, Convenient Online Learning Format
LIA’s MLSO online training course mirrors our popular in-classroom program. You can rest easy knowing you are receiving the same high level of training and expertise. The only difference is the delivery method. It is offered over the Internet in a convenient, easy-to-use online format. This course takes approximately 13 hours to complete, you have 15 days to complete the course after activating it.
Why take this course?
- Learn how to implement a laser safety program in a medical facility.
- Stay on the cutting-edge of medical laser safety strategies, including the current treatment modalities with lasers.
- Expand your knowledge of laser hazards and their effects, especially in the OR.
- Gain applicable knowledge (with real-world examples) you can utilize today to protect your patients and staff from the dangers of lasers in medical facilities.
- Save time and travel expense with an online program that is tailored to fit the busy schedules of working professionals in the medical fields.
Course Overview—Improve the Safety of Your Patients and Medical Team
In the LIA Medical Laser Safety course, you will gain valuable knowledge and understanding of lasers, tissue interaction and laser safety in a medical environment. The course addresses laser safety protocols according to the ANSI Z136.3 Safe Use of Lasers in Health Care standard, AORN recommended practices and ASLMS practices.
Plus, this course meets all LSO training requirements outlined by ANSI, OSHA, and The Joint Commission. In addition to the working knowledge you will gain, you will earn 13 Contact Hours, 2.0 BLS CM Points by the Board of Laser Safety, 12 CECs by the AAHP and eligible for ABIH CM points.
The registration fee includes:
- Username and password good for 15 calendar days. Access to the course is unlimited during that time period.
- Course manual in portable document format (PDF).
- Sample documentation including laser log, standard operating procedures, safety audit, and policies and skills.
- Printable MLSO certificate of completion at the end of the course.
Enroll Today and Run a Safer Operating Room Tomorrow
This course can be taken from either a PC or MAC. Minimum requirements are:
- An internet connection
- Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher, Google Chrome or Firefox Browser
- Adobe Flash Player (Adobe Flash is not supported on many mobile devices)
- Speakers to hear the audio
Why select LIA for your medical laser safety training?
- Setting the standards in Laser Safety Training for 40 years — We literally wrote the book on laser safety standards. LIA is the secretariat for ANSI Z136 Safe Use of Lasers, the foundation for laser safety standards nationwide.
- World leader in laser safety education — LIA trains more Laser Safety Officers than any other organization in the world. In fact, other laser safety organizations come to LIA for education and training resources.
- Experience Counts - LIA’s expert instructors are among the most experienced experts in the laser industry, and many sit on the ANSI laser safety standards committees.
- Employee safety is a top priority - With the goal of keeping the workplace safe from laser hazards, LIA and OSHA formed an alliance to provide laser safety training resources for industrial and medical organizations.
You may, at any time prior to 10 business days before your course begins, cancel your registration and receive a refund, less an administrative fee of $99. Within 10 business days of the course, the Laser Institute of America will not issue a refund. However, you can reschedule for a future course at no cost as long as you attend within the next 12-month period. Please be aware that if you cannot attend the course and fail to give proper notification prior to your course date you will forfeit your entire course fee.
Medical Laser Safety Officer Training - Online - Course Fee $795.00 (Member Price: $745.00)