Course Fee: $795.00
(Member Price: $745.00)
At LIA, we care about your laser safety training as much as you care about your patients. We know safety is a top priority in your operating room and medical facility, and we understand the pressure to keep everything running smoothly.
That’s why we have designed our Medical Laser Safety Officer (MLSO) online course to meet the special needs of RNs, OR supervisors, training coordinators, and other medical professionals who have been appointed the critical responsibility of LSO. Now, your laser safety training is just a click away—in a 100% online format!
This is a single-user course intended to be taken by the purchaser. If you need to register someone else for this course or if you would like to purchase multiple seats on behalf of your organization, check out our multi-user option here.
Enjoy a Flexible, Convenient Online Learning Format
LIA’s MLSO online training course mirrors our popular in-classroom program. You can rest easy knowing you are receiving the same high level of training and expertise. The only difference is the delivery method. It is offered over the Internet in a convenient, easy-to-use online format. This course takes approximately 13 hours to complete, you have 30 days to complete the course after activating it.
- Course Overview
- Why Take This Course?
- What's Included?
- System Requirements
- Why Choose LIA?
- Cancellation Policy
- About MLSO Certification
Improve the Safety of Your Patients and Medical Team
In the LIA Medical Laser Safety course, you will gain valuable knowledge and understanding of lasers, tissue interaction and laser safety in a medical environment. The course addresses laser safety protocols according to the ANSI Z136.3 Safe Use of Lasers in Health Care standard, AORN recommended practices and ASLMS practices.
Why take this course?
- Learn how to implement a laser safety program in a medical facility.
- Stay on the cutting-edge of medical laser safety strategies, including the current treatment modalities with lasers.
- Expand your knowledge of laser hazards and their effects, especially in the OR.
- Gain applicable knowledge (with real-world examples) you can utilize today to protect your patients and staff from the dangers of lasers in medical facilities.
- Save time and travel expense with an online program that is tailored to fit the busy schedules of working professionals in the medical fields.
Plus, this course meets all LSO training requirements outlined by ANSI, OSHA, and The Joint Commission. In addition to the working knowledge you will gain, you will earn 13 Contact Hours, 2.0 BLS CM Points by the Board of Laser Safety, 4 CECs by the AAHP and eligible for ABIH CM points.
†Contact hours are provided by the Laser Institute of America, provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 14801, for 13 contact hours.
The registration fee includes:
- Course available online for 30 calendar days from the time it is first opened. Access to the course is unlimited during that time period.
- Course manual in portable document format (PDF).
- Sample documentation including laser log, standard operating procedures, safety audit, and policies and skills.
- Printable MLSO certificate of completion at the end of the course. Not to be confused with certification
Minimum system Requirements
This course can be taken from either a PC or MAC. Minimum requirements are:
- An internet connection
- Internet Explorer 11.0, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Firefox Browser
- Speakers to hear the audio
Why select LIA for your medical laser safety training?
- Setting the standards in Laser Safety Training for 40 years — We literally wrote the book on laser safety standards. LIA is the secretariat for ANSI Z136 Safe Use of Lasers, the foundation for laser safety standards nationwide.
- World leader in laser safety education — LIA trains more Laser Safety Officers than any other organization in the world. In fact, other laser safety organizations come to LIA for education and training resources.
- Experience Counts - LIA’s expert instructors are among the most experienced experts in the laser industry, and many sit on the ANSI laser safety standards committees.
- Employee safety is a top priority - With the goal of keeping the workplace safe from laser hazards, LIA and OSHA formed an alliance to provide laser safety training resources for industrial and medical organizations.
All online courses are non-refundable. For more information on LIA's Cancellation and Return Policies, click here.
A certificate of completion is earned upon passing the short end-of-course quiz; however, this should not be confused with becoming a certified medical laser safety officer (CMLSO), which can only be achieved through the Board of Laser Safety. To become a CMLSO, you must meet specific requirements and pass a comprehensive certification examination that is intended to promote professional advancement. This certification exam is given by the Board of Laser Safety (BLS).The CMLSO examination is offered by the BLS via paper-and-pencil in the Spring and Fall, and is also available via computer-based testing centers through Prov Inc. For the most up-to-date test dates and locations, visit the BLS website. This course fulfills the laser safety officer training prerequisite for the CMLSO exam. If you are interested in taking this optional CMLSO exam, please visit the BLS to review eligibility requirements. All applications must be submitted to the BLS at least 2-weeks prior to the exam date. All fees associated with the CMLSO examination are to be paid directly to the Board of Laser Safety.
Medical Laser Safety Officer Training: 2020 - Online - Single-user
Course Fee: $795.00
(Member Price: $745.00)