Course Fee: $70.00
(Member Price: $70.00)
With LIA’s online education programs, you can gain comprehensive, applicable training quickly and easily from the comfort of your office or home. The convenient, easy-to-access delivery method over the Internet saves on travel cost and makes it easier for all laser professionals to fit into their busy schedules. While you can start and stop the course as needed, the program only takes about two hours to complete. You have 30 days to complete the course after activating it.
Enjoy a Flexible, Convenient Online Learning Format
LIA’s MLSO online training course mirrors our popular in-classroom program. You can rest easy knowing you are receiving the same high level of training and expertise. The only difference is the delivery method. It is offered over the Internet in a convenient, easy-to-use online format. This course takes approximately 13 hours to complete, you have 30 days to complete the course after activating it.
To purchase for multiple users, Click Here for our Multi-Seat option.
- Course Overview
- Why Take This Course?
- What's Included?
- System Requirements
- Why Choose LIA?
- Cancellation Policy
- Learn about regulations and consensus standards that apply in a medical setting, perioperative laser safety procedures, laser eye protection, beam and non-beam hazards, documentation to meet certain regulations.
- Understand the ANSI Z136 standards and regulations that apply to your particular laser environment. This course complies with the ANSI Z136.3, for the Safe Use of Lasers in Health Care.
- Listen and take notes at work, at home — anywhere you have computer access.
- Users can follow the entire audio program in sequence, pause and resume later, and go to previous chapters to review — even study notes and slides without audio.
- Course administrator controls all records of those taking the course and receiving certificates upon completion.
- Newly appointed LSOs can take the course first, and then sign up other employees to train them with LIA materials instead of creating an entire course from scratch.
- In addition to the working knowledge you will gain, you will earn two contact hours.*
†Contact hours are provided by the Laser Institute of America, provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 14801, for 2 contact hours.
Why take this course?
Enroll Today and Provide a Safer Facility Tomorrow!
If you're a laser safety officer in a medical facility such as a hospital, surgery center, clinic, or physician’s private practice who must train his or her staff, this is the course to take – without having to bring in an outside expert or send personnel to a course and losing valuable productivity. This short training session will cover the safety basics for those medical personnel operating or working near a laser system. LSOs save their medical facilities time and money while their medical laser personnel upgrade their knowledge at a place and time that works well with their schedule. For the first time, LIA is offering discounts for medical facilities that purchase multiple "seats," so the more employees you enroll, the more you save. Hospitals that have facilities in various locations can administer the same course to employees no matter where they work.
The registration fee includes:
- Username and password good for 30 calendar days after the course has been activated. Access to the course is unlimited during that time period.
- Printable certificate of completion at the end of the course.
- Fee for single user is $70.00.
- 2 Contact Hours upon successful completion.
Minimum system Requirements
This course can be taken from either a PC or MAC. Minimum requirements are:
- An internet connection
- Internet Explorer 11.0, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Firefox Browser
- Adobe Flash Player (Adobe Flash is not supported on many mobile devices)
- Speakers to hear the audio
Why select LIA for your medical laser safety training?
- Setting the standards in Laser Safety Training for 40 years — We literally wrote the book on laser safety standards. LIA is the secretariat for ANSI Z136 Safe Use of Lasers, the foundation for laser safety standards nationwide.
- World leader in laser safety education — LIA trains more Laser Safety Officers than any other organization in the world. In fact, other laser safety organizations come to LIA for education and training resources.
- Experience Counts - LIA’s expert instructors are among the most experienced experts in the laser industry, and many sit on the ANSI laser safety standards committees.
- Employee safety is a top priority - With the goal of keeping the workplace safe from laser hazards, LIA and OSHA formed an alliance to provide laser safety training resources for industrial and medical organizations.
All online courses are non-refundable. For more information on LIA's Cancellation and Return Policies, click here.
Medical Laser Safety Awareness Training - Single-user - Online
Course Fee: $70.00
(Member Price: $70.00)