Medical Laser Safety Awareness Training - Multi-user - Online
With LIA’s online education programs, you can gain comprehensive, applicable training quickly and easily from the comfort of your office or home. The convenient, easy-to-access delivery method over the Internet saves on travel cost and makes it easier for all laser professionals to fit into their busy schedules. While you can start and stop the course as needed, the program only takes about two hours to complete. You have 30 days to complete the course after activating it.
Why take this course?
If you're a laser safety officer in a medical facility such as a hospital, surgery center, clinic, or physician’s private practice who must train his or her staff, this is the course to take – without having to bring in an outside expert or send personnel to a course and losing valuable productivity. This short training session will cover the safety basics for those medical personnel operating or working near a laser system. LSOs save their medical facilities time and money while their medical laser personnel upgrade their knowledge at a place and time that works well with their schedule. For the first time, LIA is offering discounts for medical facilities that purchase multiple "seats," so the more employees you enroll, the more you save. Hospitals that have facilities in various locations can administer the same course to employees no matter where they work.
- Learn about regulations and consensus standards that apply in a medical setting, perioperative laser safety procedures, laser eye protection, beam and non-beam hazards, documentation to meet certain regulations.
- Understand the ANSI Z136 standards and regulations that apply to your particular laser environment. This course complies with the ANSI Z136.3, for the Safe Use of Lasers in Health Care.
- Listen and take notes at work, at home — anywhere you have computer access.
- Users can follow the entire audio program in sequence, pause and resume later, and go to previous chapters to review — even study notes and slides without audio.
- Course administrator controls all records of those taking the course and receiving certificates upon completion.
- Newly appointed LSOs can take the course first, and then sign up other employees to train them with LIA materials instead of creating an entire course from scratch.
- In addition to the working knowledge you will gain, you will earn two contact hours.*
Enroll Today and Provide a Safer Facility Tomorrow
This course can be taken from either a PC or MAC. Minimum requirements are:
- An internet connection
- Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher, Google Chrome or Firefox Browser
- Adobe Flash Player (Adobe Flash is not supported on many mobile devices)
- Speakers to hear the audio
Why select LIA for your laser safety awareness training?
- Setting the standards in Laser Safety Training for 40 years — We literally wrote the book on laser safety standards. LIA is the secretariat for ANSI Z136 Safe Use of Lasers, the foundation for laser safety standards nationwide.
- World leader in laser safety education — LIA trains more Laser Safety Officers than any other organization in the world. In fact, other laser safety organizations come to LIA for education and training resources.
- Experience Counts - LIA’s expert instructors are among the most experienced experts in the laser industry, and many sit on the ANSI laser safety standards committees.
- Employee safety is a top priority - With the goal of keeping the workplace safe from laser hazards, LIA and OSHA formed an alliance to provide laser safety training resources for industrial and medical organizations.
The registration fee for multiple seats includes:
Many laser safety officers choose to purchase multiple seats, which includes a user name and password good for as many seats as you would like to purchase for your company. It also includes a certificate for those who complete the course. It’s a very convenient and cost effective way to train your laser personnel.
- Username and password good for 30 calendar days after the course has been activated. Access to the course is unlimited during that time period.
- Printable certificate of completion at the end of the course.
- Fee for single user is $70.00.
- 2 Contact Hours upon successful completion.
Multiple Seat Price Breakdown:
Quantity (number of people)
Price (per person)
41 and up
To register for a single user course, click here.
*Contact hours are provided by the Laser Institute of America, provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 14801, for 2 contact hours.
To purchase Multi-user courses, your account must be linked to a Company. In addition, you must be a Company Administrator for the Company. You can request Company Administrator access once you are linked to a Company by accessing, your profile.
Go to My Profile
You may, at any time prior to 10 business days before your course begins, cancel your registration and receive a refund, less an administrative fee of $99. Within 10 business days of the course, the Laser Institute of America will not issue a refund. However, you can reschedule for a future course at no cost as long as you attend within the next 12-month period. Please be aware that if you cannot attend the course and fail to give proper notification prior to your course date you will forfeit your entire course fee.
Medical Laser Safety Awareness Training - Multi-user - Online - Course Fee $70.00 (Member Price: $70.00)