Author Guidelines for Multimedia
Multimedia files can be included in the online version of published papers. These multimedia files can be viewed by simply clicking on a link in the paper, provided the reader has a video player, such as Windows Media Player™, QuickTime Player™, or RealOne Player™ installed.
Please adhere to the following guidelines when preparing multimedia files for submission:
- When incorporating multimedia, note that the paper should be written so that the print version can be understood on its own.
- Submit all multimedia files initially with the manuscript.
- Treat all multimedia files as figures, numbered in sequence as they are referred to in text. (Multimedia files will not have a numbering scheme separate from the figures.)
- All multimedia files must be cited in the text, referred to by their figure number.
- For each multimedia file, provide a figure, which is a static representation of the multimedia file. Also provide an accompanying caption. At the end of the caption, include the phrase, "(enhanced online)."
- Video and other enhanced files should be in a format that the majority of readers can view without too much difficulty. See the multimedia guidelines below for specific submission requirements.