Product Code: 240A | ISBN: 978-1-138-07200-8
This text which includes fundamental laser and laser safety information, as well as critical laser use information, is appropriate for both the novice and the seasoned professional.
New chapters and updates highlight the second edition of Laser Safety: Tools and Training. This text provides background information relating to lasers and laser safety, and examines the components of laser work and laser safety from a different perspective. Written by a working laser safety officer, the book considers ways to keep users, as well as those around them, safe. The author encourages readers to think beyond protective eyewear. As it relates to safety, he determines that if eyewear is required, then the laser system is not ideal.
This book factors in optics, the vibration elements of the optical table, the power meter, and user training, elements that are not commonly considered in the context of laser safety. It presents ways for users to evaluate the hazards of any laser procedure and ensure that they are following documented laser safety standards. The material serves as a fundamental means or road map for laser users seeking to utilize the safest system possible.
- Supplies updated material covering laser research standards, lab design , accident investigation and new considerations for eyewear selection
- Serves as a standalone text or as a supplement to the companion volume Laser Safety Management
- Describes how exposure safety limits are determined
- Details a variety of hands on practical laser safety solutions
- Reviews optical table vibration control and sources issues
What’s New in the Second Edition:
The second edition provides an inclusion of the Z136.8 Research Laser Standard, and offers updates and an explanation of eye exposure limits (MPE), presents new cases studies, and presents practical example images. It includes coverage of, laser lab design lessons, addresses user facility challenges and laser disposal.
- Presents case studies of real accidents, preventive measures, and templates for documenting potential laser risks and attendant safety measures
- Reviews factors often overlooked when one is setting up a laser lab
- Demonstrates how to investigate a laser incident
Click here for the Table of Contents.
Note: When applicable, multiple quantity discounts are applied once the items are added to your cart.