ANSI Z136.7 (2008) - Testing and Labeling of Laser Protective Equipment (Electronic Version)
People who purchased this product have also purchased these products:
- ANSI Z136.3 (2011) - Safe Use of Lasers in Health Care (Electronic Version)
- ANSI Z136.1 (2014) - Safe Use of Lasers (Electronic Version)
- ANSI Z136.8 (2012) - Safe Use of Lasers in Research, Development, or Testing (Electronic Version)
- ANSI Z136.4 (2010) Recommended Practice for Laser Safety Measurements for Hazard Evaluation (Electronic Version)
- ANSI Z136.1 and ANSI Z136.3 Electronic Set
The objective of this standard is to provide reasonable and adequate guidance on the test methods, protocols and specifications for devices used to provide eye protection from lasers and laser systems. Testing procedures are provided in this document to ensure that eyewear, windows, and barriers maintain their specified level of protection throughout the life of the products.
Such protective devices include laser eye protective devices or instrument filters, laser window filters, and laser area protective barriers, screens or beam blocking curtains. Depending on the protective device, laser type, temporal mode of operation and wavelength(s), different test methods may be required. (60 pgs.)
The recommended stepwise procedure for using this standard is as follows:
- Determine the type of protective equipment (device); eyewear, barrier, or window.
- Determine the filter technology used; absorptive, reflective, or hybrid.
- Determine the material type of eyewear/windows under study: material, metal, plastic, glass, hybrid, etc.
- Determine the appropriate laser or laser system: continuous wave, Q switched, or sub-nanosecond, or some combination of pulse durations.
- Determine the wavelength or wavelength band of the laser protection.
- Determine the specified optical density or barrier threshold level as identified by the manufacturer at the wavelength in question.
- View a sample of this publication (includes the Table of Contents).
- Click here to order a soft bound copy of this standard.
The standard is designed to be used in conjunction with the ANSI Z136.1.
For site license inquiries, please contact Mark Brown, Director of Sales (ANSI), +1.212.642.4935.