ANSI Z136.5 (2009) - Safe Use Of Lasers In Educational Institutions (Electronic Version)
People who purchased this product have also purchased these products:
- ANSI Z136.1 (2014) - Safe Use of Lasers (Electronic Version)
- ANSI Z136.3 (2011) - Safe Use of Lasers in Health Care (Electronic Version)
- ANSI Z136.8 (2012) - Safe Use of Lasers in Research, Development, or Testing (Electronic Version)
- ANSI Z136.4 (2010) Recommended Practice for Laser Safety Measurements for Hazard Evaluation (Electronic Version)
- ANSI Z136.1 and ANSI Z136.3 Electronic Set
The standard applies the requirements of the ANSI Z136.1 for Safe Use of Lasers to the unique environments associated with educational institutions. Such settings include teaching laboratories, classrooms, lecture halls, science fairs, and science museums, which have incorporated lasers into their educational process. It is intended for staff and students using lasers for academic instruction in university, college, secondary, or primary educational facilities.
ANSI Z136.5 specifically provides laser safety guidance by evaluating and minimizing hazards associated with laser radiation in educational settings at all levels. It also discusses developing laser safety programs and student training. Various diagrams and examples of properly placed lasers and laser systems in relation to the audience are included. (56 pgs.)
- View a sample of this publication (includes the Table of Contents).
- Click here to order a soft bound copy of this standard.
The standard is designed to be used in conjunction with the ANSI Z136.1.
For site license inquiries, please contact Mark Brown, Director of Sales (ANSI), +1.212.642.4935.