Abstract Submission Information:
General Technology Tracks:
- Laser Additive Manufacturing (LAM)
- Laser Materials Macroprocessing (MACRO)
- Laser Materials Microprocessing (MICRO)
- Laser Nanomanufacturing (NANO)
- Frontiers in Laser Applications (FLA)
LIA solicits abstracts of cutting-edge research in these technology areas for high impact applications. Abstracts that are closely related to these technology areas will also be considered.
Specifications and opportunities for laser materials processing applications, advancements, and solutions will be focused on and grouped into the general technology tracks. Submissions should contain original, recent, unpublished results of application research, development, or implementation. Product endorsement papers will not be accepted. Be prepared to secure travel funding and authorization as soon as possible. LIA will happily provide invitation and visa letters upon request. Travel and accommodation funding is not available through LIA. Manuscript deadlines must be strictly observed. Late manuscripts will not be published in the proceedings.
- Abstract Submission Deadline: March 15, 2020
- Acceptance Notification: April 6th, 2020
- Manuscript Submission Deadlines:
- Speaker Registration & Payment Due: August 1, 2020
- Peer Reviewed Papers: April 30, 2020
- Non-peer Reviewed Papers: August 16, 2020
Peer Review Option:
Submitters may choose to have their technical paper reviewed by a blind peer review process. The peer review panel will judge papers based on the research, relevance and significance of the findings. Selected papers will be identified as such in the ICALEO® 2020 Congress Proceedings and published in the Journal of Laser Applications (JLA)
Poster Presentation Submission Information:
An alternative option for submitting authors, are poster presentations. Poster presenters are eligible for peer review and submitted manuscripts will be included in the ICALEO Proceedings. This is an excellent opportunity for networking and the sharing of ideas. Spotlight your work with four full days of exposure. Poster presenters will also have the opportunity to participate in our Flash Poster Session, consisting of 3-minute presentations on the exhibited work.
Annual ICALEO Student Paper Award and Poster Presentation Contests:
These prestigious annual awards are presented to the best that ICALEO has to offer. Cash prize awards will be presented to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. Additionally, winning papers will be considered for submission to the Journal of Laser Applications for further peer review and publication.
Presentations will be judged by an international panel on the following criteria:
- Originality of Topic / Material Presented
- Scientific and Technical Merit / Impact
- Clarity of Presentation (Oral & Visual)