Welcome Reception – Start the week off right with the Sunday evening reception.
President’s Reception – Celebrate 35 years of ICALEO during this special event!
Vendor Reception – Join us for hors d'oeuvres and networking from 4:00PM to 7:30PM on Tuesday, October 24.
Student Paper Award – Student papers will be evaluated and judged by ICALEO conference and session chairs.
Laser Industry Vendor Reception & Tabletop Display – Exhibitors and attendees have the opportunity to meet and share product ideas.
LIA Awards Luncheon – Enjoy lunch with colleagues followed by the awards presentation and honored speaker address.
Networking Opportunities – Meet colleagues from around the world.
Onsite Registration Times
|Sunday, October 22||1:00pm – 5:00pm|
|Monday, October 23||7:00am – 5:00pm|
|Tuesday, October 24||7:30am – 5:00pm|
|Wednesday, October 25||7:30am – 5:00pm|
|Thursday, October 26||7:30am – 12:00pm|
Hotel Address & Contact Information
165 Courtland Street NE
Atlanta, Georgia, USA 30303
Click Here to View a Map
1.800.833.8624 Toll Free (US only)
Click here to reserve your room for ICALEO 2017 today!
In the heart of downtown Atlanta, the Sheraton Atlanta is surrounded by sensational dining, enviable attractions, and vibrant nightlife just minutes from the Georgia Dome, Phillips Arena, Turner Field, and Georgia Aquarium. This hotel is 10 miles from Hartsfield-Jackson International.
Don't forget to mention ICALEO to receive your discounted rate!
Why should I stay at the ICALEO® Conference hotel?
By staying at the Sheraton Atlanta, you will be in the center of the activity surrounding the conference. You will benefit from the ease of opportunities to conveniently network with your LIA friends and fellow conference attendees. It's a quick trip to get to the program and functions, and just as quick to get back to your room for a break. In addition, book though ICALEO, and guest room internet access is included at no additional charge. All-in-all, you will have a better ICALEO conference experience!
Beware of Hotel Housing Scams
The Laser Institute of America (LIA) has partnered directly with the Sheraton Atlanta listed above for the 34th ICALEO. All accommodation bookings should be arranged directly through the Sheraton Atlanta. LIA / ICALEO does not endorse or have a relationship with any other housing company or hotels.
**All attendees and exhibitors should be aware that no one from LIA / ICALEO solicits directly by telephone for hotel bookings or special discounts. It has been brought to our attention that a company that is not affiliated with LIA / ICALEO has been contacting our attendees offering lower rates. Please note that Global Housing is not part of our organization and that we do not recommend you giving your details and credit card information to this company.
Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport
6000 N Terminal Pkwy, Atlanta, GA 30320
Rental Car Information
Call Avis Rental Car® 800.331.1600.
MARTA (Atlanta Transit System)
The Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority or MARTA is the principal rapid-transit system in the Atlanta metropolitan area. Purchase a reloadable Breeze Card ($1) and add the desired fare amount; $2.50 per single ride. Breeze Cards can be purchased at Breeze vending machines located in rail stations, MARTA Ride Stores, or order the MARTA Visitor's Pass in advance.
To learn more, go to itsmarta.com or call 1-404-848-5000 for more information.
Take Interstate 85 North to Interstate 75/Interstate 85; Exit 248C (International Blvd). Turn left onto International Boulevard. The hotel will be to the left.
Follow I-85 S to Courtland St NE in Atlanta. Take exit 249A from I-75/I-85S. Continue on Courtland St NE to your destination.The hotel will be on your right.
Follow I-75 N to Atlanta. Take exit 248C from I-75 N/I-85 N. Follow Andrew Young International Blvd NE to your destination. The hotel will be on the left.
Follow I-20 E to Atlanta. Take exit 248C from I-75 N/I-85 N. Follow Andrew Young International Blvd NE to your destination. The hotel will be on the left.
- Friedhelm Dorsch, TRUMPF Laser - und Systemtechnik GmbH
- Thomas Graf, University of Stuttgart
- Paul Hilton, TWI Ltd.
- Tony Hoult, IPG Photonics Corporation
- Stefan Kaierle, Laser Zentrum Hannover e.V.
- Dietmar Kracht, Laser Zentrum Hannover e.V.
- Xinbing Liu, Panasonic Boston Laboratory
- Henrikki Pantsar, Valoe
- Rajesh Patel, Spectra Physics
- Kunihiko Washio, Paradigm Laser Research Ltd.
- Rongshi Xiao, Beijing University of Technology
- Jianhua Yao, Zhejiang University of Technology
- Minlin Zhong, Tsingshua University
Click on the links below to view the photos from ICALEO 2016:
Each year ICALEO features areas of topical interest. This year’s featured sessions include diode lasers for processing and pumping, laser process monitoring and control, laser processing of biological materials, lasers in nanotechnology and environmental technology, laser hybrid processing, laser manufacturing for alternative energy sources and laser business development.
- Plenary Session
- Laser Materials Processing Conference
- Laser Microprocessing Conference
- Nanomanufacturing Conference
- Poster Presentation Gallery
- Business Forum & Panel Discussion
- President's Reception
- Student Paper Award
- Laser Industry Vendor Reception & Tabletop Display
- LIA Annual Meeting & Awards Luncheon
- Networking Opportunities
Manuscript Submission Information:
- Peer Review Manuscript Submission Deadline: May 18, 2017
- Non-Peer Review Manuscript Submission Deadline: July 13, 2017
Abstract Submission Information:
- Abstract Submission Deadline: March 7, 2017
Submitters can select the option to have their technical paper reviewed by a blind peer review process. The peer review panel will look for quality of the research, relevance, and significance of the findings. These papers will be identified as such in the ICALEO 2017 Technical Digest and Proceedings. Deadline for your peer reviewed manuscript is May 18th (no extensions will be granted).
Non-peer reviewed manuscripts are due July 13th.
Congress General Chair:
Christoph Leyens, Fraunhofer IWS
Laser Materials Processing Chair:
Klaus Kleine, Coherent Inc.
Laser Microprocessing Co-chairs:
Michelle Stock, mlstock consulting
Cather Simpson, University of Auckland
Nanomanufacturing Conference Chair:
Yongfeng Lu, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
|Checklist of Important Dates||Download|
|Audio / Visual Information||Download|
|Student Award Contest Application||Download|
|Presenter Tips & Tricks||Download|
|Poster Presenter Guidelines||Download|
|Manuscript Guidelines||Download||Please download and follow guidelines exactly. Manuscripts that do not follow guidelines will be returned for you to make revisions. ** If revisions are not made the manuscript WILL NOT be included in the Conference Proceedings **|
|Manuscript Template||Download||Microsoft® Word Document|
|Oral Presenter Guidelines||Download||Presentations are not collected prior to conference.|
|Presentation Template||Download||Microsoft® PowerPoint Document|
|Conference Registration Form||Download|
|Visa Request Form||Download|
We need content for this tab.
Student registration includes admission to all technical sessions, the Plenary Sessions, Receptions (Welcome Celebration, President’s Reception and Vendor Reception), Awards Luncheon and a Technical Digest. Valid student ID is required to process registration.
- Student registration will not be accepted onsite or online; students must be pre-registered by September 7th.
- Student registrations will not be processed without a copy of your Valid Student ID.
- Please include with registration form when submitting by either e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (+1.407.380.5588). On-line registrations are not available.
- Guest Tickets, Proceedings and LIA Membership Dues are non-refundable.
- Must include emergency contact information in order to process registration form.
- Refund Policy: No refunds will be made on cancellations received after August 9, 2017. All requests must be made in writing. There will be a $75.00 USD processing fee.
- Payments must be paid in full prior to attending ICALEO.