Journal of Laser Applications
Comprehensive coverage of the latest breakthroughs in laser applications. Journal Online click here.
The Journal of Laser Applications® is the official journal of the Laser Institute of America and serves as the major international forum for exchanging ideas and information in disciplines that apply laser technology. Internationally known editors, reviewers and columnists deliver the latest results of their research worldwide, dealing with the diverse, practical applications of photonic technology.
The journal addresses a number of interdisciplinary topics, making it an important and vibrant forum for specialists in all areas of the laser industry. A streamlined review process by a panel of recognized experts ensures the rapid dissemination of the latest developments, techniques, and research in the field. Rigorous peer review also guarantees the publication of consistently high quality work
Subject Coverage Areas of special interest include, but are not limited to:
- Laser materials processing: radiation absorption; scattering and reflection; material optical properties and material interaction phenomena, including phase changes.
- Laser sensing & measurement: lasers, systems, and sensing for laser materials processing; general laser sensing and measurement, including remote sensing and spectroscopy.
- Biomedical applications: biophysical studies of tissue optics; scatter, absorption, and nonlinear effects in tissue; optical dosimetry; thermo-mechanical, thermo-chemical, photochemical , and nonlinear effects; optimizing; photodiagnostics, photochemotherapy, photoablation, photocoagulation or photodisruption.
Laser safety: maximum permissible exposure limits; new safety standards and regulations; laser classification; hazard evaluation and risk analysis; laser accident investigations; safety training; eye and skin protection and laser protective materials.
Reinhart Poprawe, Fraunhofer Institute for Laser Technology, Aachen, Germany and Lehrstuhl für Lasertechnik RWTH-Aachen University
High Precision Materials Processing with Ultrafast Lasers
Andreas Ostendorf, Ruhr-University Bochum
Laser Additive Manufacturing
Milan Brandt, RMIT University
High Power Materials Processing with High Brightness Lasers
Eckhard Beyer, Fraunhofer IWS
Emerging Applications of New Wavelengths and Temporal Pulse Shaping
Martin Richardson, School of Optics/CREOL
Minlin Zhong, Tsinghua University
Lasers in Nanomanufacturing/Nanophotonics & Thin Film Technology
Yongfeng Lu, University of Nebraska at Lincoln
David Farson, The Ohio State University
Laser Systems and Markets
Klaus Löffler, TRUMPF Laser
Computing & Technology, Current Contents/Engineering, Current Physics Index, Energy Science & Technology, Engineering Information, Inc., Journal of Current Laser Abstracts, Research Alert, SciSearch, SPIN.
It is published four times a year by the Laser Institute of America and available electronically to all LIA members as a member benefit. For nonmembers of LIA, call the American Institute of Physics at 800.344.6902 for subscription information. Visit our membership section to become an LIA member.
- $410 Domestic (U.S. & Possessions)
- $435 Surface Freight (Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, and Caribbean)
- $460 Air Freight (Europe, Asia, Middle East, Africa, and Oceania)
Members of the Laser Institute of America receive access to the Journal as part of their membership. These copies are for their own personal use and not for hire or resale.