Medical Laser Safety Officer Training - Miami, FL
8 AM to 4 PM
8 AM to Noon
400 South East Second Avenue
Miami, FL 33131
Make reservations directly with the hotel by calling 305-358-1234. Mention Laser Institute of America - ICALEO 2013 to receive a special conference rate by Friday September 6, 2013 or click here to make a reservation. Special seating arrangements can be made for those with impaired vision or hearing.
13501 Ingenuity Drive, Suite 128
Orlando, FL 32826
Toll Free: 1.800.345.2737
This course is designed to give the operating room personnel a basic foundation in laser biophysics, tissue interaction and laser safety. Laser safety protocols will be addressed according to the ANSI Z136.3 Safe Use of Lasers in Health Care standard, AORN recommended practices, and ASLMS practices. Instruction is accomplished through didactics, and discussions.This course is worth 9.95 Contact Hours, 1.5 BLS CM Points and eligible for ABIH CM Points.
- Vangie Dennis, RN, CNOR, CMLSO
- Kay Ball, RN, BSN, MSA, PhD, CNOR, FA AN
RNs, OR supervisors, surgical techs, training coordinators or anybody who has been assigned the responsibility of LSO in a medical facility.
- Discuss laser biophysics and tissue interactions
- Discuss the laser safety standards according to ANSI
- List the effects and characteristics of laser wavelengths on tissue
- Discuss the current treatment modalities with lasers
- List the indications for specific patient selection when utilizing the different laser wavelengths
- Explain the operational skills with the different laser delivery devices
- List the advantages of the laser
Contact hours are provided by the Laser Institute of America, provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 14801, for 9.95 contact hours.
Included in Registration Fees
You may, at any time prior to 10 business days before your course begins, cancel your registration and receive a refund, less an administrative fee of $99. Within 10 business days of the course, the Laser Institute of America will not issue a refund. However, you can reschedule for a future course at no cost as long as you attend within the next 12-month period. Please be aware that if you cannot attend the course and fail to give proper notification prior to your course date you will forfeit your entire course fee.