Laser Safety in Educational Institutions Training - Online
People who purchased this product have also purchased these products:
This course will discuss the basics of lasers, bio-physics, laser safety standards, control measures, accident scenarios, and sample lab settings that are used in educational institutions. If you are a student, professor, safety officer, science department chair or high school teacher, this is a great format to get up to speed with the most current laser safety issues.
Fred Seeber, PhD
This tutorial is divided into 7 parts or sections and takes approximately 2 hours to complete. There are some areas in the tutorial where there is no audio. After you have completed all sections there is a quiz (after Section 7). You can take the sections in any order you wish, however each section leads into the next and so on. It is best to take the tutorial in order. If for any reason you need to interrupt your training simply exit and log in later when you can.
- Section 1 - Basics of Laser Light & Laser Operation
- Section 2 - Laser Bio-Physics
- Section 3 - Laser Safety Standards, Regulations & Educational Environments
- Section 4 - Control Measures in Educational Institutions
- Section 5 - MPEs, NHZs & Sample Laboratory Settings
- Section 6 - Laser Accident Scenarios
- Section 7 - Medical Surveillance
- Single username and password good for 10 days. The 10 days start once you first activate the course.
- A printable certificate of completion at the end of the course.
This course can be taken from either a PC or MAC. Minimum requirements are:
- An internet connection
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher
- Macromedia Flash Player Plug-In
- Speakers to hear the audio
Attending one of Laser Institute of America's laser safety training courses does not constitute a license to practice, nor does it guarantee your workplace free of laser hazards. Laser Institute of America, its administrators, employees, volunteers, and instructors are not liable for any accident which might occur as a result of practicing laser safety. The material presented in this course is a copyright of Laser Institute of America and may not be copied or stored in an electronic retrieval system of any kind. Any such activity is a violation of copyright laws and subsequent to appropriate legal action.