Ben Rockwell Interview
Conference General Chair
2013 Gold Sponsors
Sincere Thanks to our Cooperating Societies & Media Partners:
"The World's Leading Conference on Laser Safety"
Information Regarding Certification Maintenance Points COMING SOON!
Conference General Chair:
Benjamin Rockwell, Ph.D, AFRL/RHDO, Fort Sam Houston, TX, USA
The 2013 International Laser Safety Conference (ILSC® ) is a comprehensive four-day conference covering all aspects of laser safety practice and hazard control. Scientific sessions will address developments in regulatory, mandatory and voluntary safety standards for laser products and for laser use. The Practical Applications Seminars (PAS) complement the Scientific Sessions by exploring everyday scenarios that the LSO and MLSO may encounter. Professionals in all fields and applications will find ILSC 2013 a tremendous source for information and networking opportunities.
The ILSC Poster Presentation Gallery will be featured. Join presenters to share ideas. Presentations that submit a manuscript will be included in the ILSC Proceedings.
Medical Practical Applications Seminar is a 2-day seminar (March 18 - 19) for Medical Laser Safety Officers. This seminar will be particularly useful for MLSOs who work in operating rooms, surgical centers, aesthetic clinics and medical spas. Participants will benefit from the cutting-edge medical laser safety presentations that will be showcased.
- Plume Hazards
- Upper Airway Practice Guidelines
- Ethical Dilemmas and Accidents in the O.R.
- AORN 2011 Recommended Practices
- ANSI 2012 Standards Update
- Setting up a Safety Program for the O.R.
- Physcis and Tissue Interaction
- New and Innovative Technologies
- What's New with Aesthetics
Technical Practical Applications Seminar is a 2-day seminar (March 20 - 21) for the practicing Laser Safety Officer. This seminar will be particularly useful for LSOs who are not full-time laser safety professionals. Participants will be involved in panel discussions and hot topics addressing the more common safety issues and concerns of the day-to-day operations in commercial, factory, research and medical facility settings. Learn and network with your peers!
- Laser Safety in the Workplace
- How to Determine Nominal Hazard Zones (NHZ)
- Which Laser Eye Protection should I select?
- Which Control Measures are Mandatory?
- How do I know if this Laser is Dangerous?
- What Regulations Apply to Me?
- Identifying and Controlling Non-Beam Hazards
Sponsorship is open to all companies and institutions (industrial, medical and educational) within the laser industry. ILSC provides several levels of sponsorship to give your company the
opportunity to connect with ILSC and Practical Applications Seminar attendees. Sponsorships include conference registration, advertising opportunites and prominent signage during your company's
event. All sponsor levels include booth space at the Tuesday evening Sponsor Reception. This exhibit gives vendors and attendees the opportunity to meet and offers vendors the chance to experience
The conference provides vital information for people in industry, medicine, government and academia with laser safety responsibilities including:
- Laser Safety Officers
- Medical Laser Safety Officers
- Industrial Hygienists
- Safety Product Manufacturers
- Medical Technicians
- Safety Product Manufacturers
- Laser Physicists
- Safety Engineers
- Insurance & Risk Managers
- Biomedical & Biophysical Researchers
- Health Physicists
- Government & Military Personnel
- Environmental Health & Safety Professionals
- Entertainment Lighting Producers