Congress General Chair:
Stefan Kaierle, Laser Zentrum Hannover e.V., Hannover, Germany
Laser Materials Processing Conference Chair
Silke Pflueger, DirectPhotonics, Inc.
Laser Microprocessing Conference Chair
Henrikki Pantsar, Cencorp Corporation
Nanomanufacturing Conference Chair
Yongfeng Lu, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Laser Solutions Short Courses Chair
Kerstin Funck, Ruhr University Bochum
Business Forum & Panel Discussion Chair
Klaus Loeffler, TRUMPF Laser and Systems GmbH
The International Congress on Applications of Lasers & Electro-Optics (ICALEO®) has a 32 year history as the conference where researchers and end-users meet to review the state-of-the-art in laser materials processing, laser microprocessing, and nanomanufacturing as well as predict where the future will lead. From its inception, ICALEO has been devoted to the field of laser materials processing at macro, micro, and nanoscales and is viewed as the premier source of technical information in the field.
Each year ICALEO features areas of topical interest. This year’s featured sessions include diode lasers for processing and pumping, laser process monitoring and control, laser processing of
biological materials, lasers in nanotechnology and environmental technology, laser hybrid processing, laser manufacturing for alternative energy sources and laser business development.
- Plenary Session
- Laser Materials Processing Conference
- Laser Microprocessing Conference
- Nanomanufacturing Conference
- Poster Presentation Gallery
- Laser Solutions Short Courses
- Business Forum & Panel Discussion
- President's Reception
- Student Paper Award
- Laser Industry Vendor Reception & Tabletop Display
- LIA Annual Meeting & Awards Luncheon
- Networking Opportunities
2013 International Advisory Board
- David Belforte, Industrial Laser Solutions
- Eckhard Beyer, Fraunhofer IWS
- Jan Dubowski, Universite de Sherbrooke
- Thomas Fehn, JENOPTIK Laser GmbH
- Thomas Graf, Institut fuer Strahlwerkzeuge
- Bo Gu, Bos Photonics
- Paul Hilton, TWI Ltd.
- Tony Hoult, IPG Photonics Corporation
- Dietmar Kracht, Laser Zentrum Hannover e.V.
- Xinbing Liu, Panasonic Boston Laboratory
- Yongfeng Lu, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Andreas Ostendorf, Ruhr-University Bochum
- Rajesh Patel, Spectra Physics, Division of Newport Corporation
- Koji Sugioka, RIKEN
- Kunihiko Washio, Paradigm Laser Research Ltd.
- Rongshi Xiao, Beijing Univ. of Technology
- Minlin Zhong, Tsingshua Univ.
ICALEO® Highlighted Events
Welcome Reception – Start the week off right with the Sunday evening reception.
President’s Reception – Celebrate 32 years of ICALEO during this special event!
Vendor Reception – Join us for hors d'oeuvres and networking from 4:00PM to 7:30PM on Tuesday, October 21.
Student Paper Award – Student papers will be evaluated and judged by ICALEO conference and session chairs.
Laser Industry Vendor Reception & Tabletop Display – Exhibitors and attendees have the opportunity to meet and share product ideas.
LIA Awards Luncheon – Enjoy lunch with colleagues followed by the awards presentation and honored speaker address.
Networking Opportunities – Meet colleagues from around the world.